Friday, March 20, 2015

Pie Day

    Last Saturday, 3/14/15, was officially Pi Day (in addition to the last day of National Chocolate Chip Cookie Week). We didn't start celebrating Pi Day until fairly recently. I don't know how I ever missed this wonderful opportunity to celebrate something by baking pies.  Some of our wonderfully nerdy grandchildren have help convert us to the joy of Pi Day.  This year the prize for most enthusiastic celebration of Pi Day in our family goes to my grand daughter, Luna Arnett, who memorized Pi to sixty digits.  I consider that a celebration of epic proportions that will be legendary in the Tunnell family history.  My personal celebration consisted of baking two pies; one blackcap raspberry and the other pumpkin-coconut.

BlackCap Raspberry Pi Pie



No comments:

Post a Comment