Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Joy of Grandkids




   I am thoroughly enjoying the visit of Lia and the younger portion of the houligans.  I had a lovely day off yesterday and got to spend some quality time with grandkids.  James helped me finish assembling the helicopter teeter totter Linda purchased recently.  The assembly was a whole lot more fun with James' eager assistance.  I took a nice long walk with the kids.  They had a great time playing in the woods, collecting eggs, and playing on the new teeter totter.  The younger Veatchlings were visiting for most of the day too. The climax of the day was roasting marshmallows around a campfire. It truly was just another day in paradise.




   The lovely weather was also a good opportunity for a trial of Linda's other recent purchase, the two bright yellow tandem bikes.  I had never riden a tandem bike before Linda bought these. I was amazed at how different they are to ride.  It feels like you're learning to ride a bike all over again.

   The Chickens have finally got with the program and are delivering two eggs per day. The current tally is Ducks 124,  Chickens 15.  I figured out that once all three hens are laying, it will only take them 3 and a half months to catch up with the ducks.  That is assuming we don't have any slacker hens who take a day off once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment