Monday, June 18, 2012

Joshua's Wedding


   I made a quick trip to eastern Washington on Saturday to attend my nephew's wedding.  I say quick trip as I had to drive pretty fast to get there in time (or almost in time). The wedding started at 1:00 p.m. and I arrived at 1:05p.m.  It was held at the Riverview Baptist Church in Pasco and was a very nice ceremony other than the fact that the Baptist preacher got a little carried away at the end.  He couldn't resist a captive audience for a little hellfire and damnation call to repentance.  Joshua's new bride, Kelsey, is a real peach and I expect they will have a happy life together.  It was nice to see relatives and I enjoyed hanging out with grandchildren as both the Kangs and Tunnells made the trip.

Lilly Kang anxiously waiting to release her balloon

And there they go.
    After the wedding ceremony they had a reception at the Hampton Inn in Richland.  The food was good and I got to spend some quality time with my grandson John watching the boats in the river. The kids enjoyed the balloon release they did when the happy couple departed.  Somehow Hannah Kang ended up with the bridal bouquet.  I didn't think to take any pictures until the reception was almost over.


good times at the wading pool 

     After the reception, Linda and I hung out with James and his little family in Howard Ammon Park and the little Tunnell children got to play in the very same wading pool that Grandma Linda played in as a kid.  It started out as they were just going to get their feet wet, but took less than a minute to escalate into a full scale swim party.  I rode home to Snohomish with James and Beth as Linda needed to stay in Richland for another day to attend a barbecue at her brother Mark's house on Sunday afternoon.  It was a fun ride home other than the fact that Beth beat me like a gong at scrabble. I think it was the worst drubbing I had ever received at Scrabble.  She started the game with a seven letter word and it went downhill from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment