After my beekeeping class was over tonight, I went over to Quentin and Sarah's house and watched the Pilchuck River rise above its banks. The water was less than a foot deep when I arrived and by the time I left there was almost two feet of water in the lower level of their house. The sad part is that the river isn't expected to crest until about daybreak, so there is the possibility of eight more hours of rising water. By the time I left, Quentin had decided that he had moved about everything that was practical or worthwhile to move. Quentin is in a somewhat perpetual state of preparation for floods as they have been flooded a number of times over the past four years. Thus many things were already stored in such a way that they can make it through a minor flood without too much damage.
I helped them move a few things but didn't feel like I was really much help beyond offering sympathy. Sometimes about all you can do is just be there. They were planning to leave tomorrow to go to Great Wolf Lodge, but I think they have decided to forego the trip to a water park.